Loving My DNA EXCEPT Bluetooth Call Quality

This is a discussion on Loving My DNA EXCEPT Bluetooth Call Quality within the Droid DNA Audio forums, part of the Droid DNA Extras category; Have had my Droid for about a week and I love love love it! Came from the original Droid X and particularly love the screen ...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Loving My DNA EXCEPT Bluetooth Call Quality

Loving My DNA EXCEPT Bluetooth Call Quality

Have had my Droid for about a week and I love love love it! Came from the original Droid X and particularly love the screen and interface. One problem -- everyone complains that they can't hear anything I'm saying when connected to my car's bluetooth (2006 Lexus GS300). Callers on the bluetooth also sound garbled and muffled. I hope this is a defect in the phone and am going to try a new one before my 14 days to return are up but thought I'd check and see what others have experienced in this regard. Please share your experience with the bluetooth and thanks so much! Love the forum!

poole_shark had a similar issue to this, although it wasn't mentioned whether they had issues with call quality (the only thing mentioned in that post was lack of caller ID information)... I'd advise you to check the thread, but they must have either solved the issue or given up because they never responded when I asked for details to try and help. It might be worth sending them a PM to see if they figured out if there were issues with their bluetooth transmitter, or if it was simply a user error, or whatever. To rule out the car being the issue, have you tried other phones to make sure it was the handset? Lexus makes great products so I doubt it was the car, but sometimes the simplest tests are the best for figuring out complex issues. Clearly though, even just the members of this forum are not the ones having issues with bluetooth on the phone - if you care to read the review - Droid DNA - BAD Bluetooth Car Phone Call Audio? And intermittent garbled non-BT calls? - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com - I don't use bluetooth at all myself so this wasn't an issue for me, but if it's a real selling point, you may consider ditching the DNA and jumping on the SGS3 band-wagon.

Quote Originally Posted by tacks View Post
    poole_shark had a similar issue to this, although it wasn't mentioned whether they had issues with call quality (the only thing mentioned in that post was lack of caller ID information)... I'd advise you to check the thread, but they must have either solved the issue or given up because they never responded when I asked for details to try and help. It might be worth sending them a PM to see if they figured out if there were issues with their bluetooth transmitter, or if it was simply a user error, or whatever. To rule out the car being the issue, have you tried other phones to make sure it was the handset? Lexus makes great products so I doubt it was the car, but sometimes the simplest tests are the best for figuring out complex issues. Clearly though, even just the members of this forum are not the ones having issues with bluetooth on the phone - if you care to read the review - Droid DNA - BAD Bluetooth Car Phone Call Audio? And intermittent garbled non-BT calls? - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com - I don't use bluetooth at all myself so this wasn't an issue for me, but if it's a real selling point, you may consider ditching the DNA and jumping on the SGS3 band-wagon.
    Thanks for the response. I don't think it's the car as my Droid X works just fine and I took the DNA back to Verizon and had the manager connect the Razr Maxx to my car and it sounded much better and less garbled. The manager was willing to let me exchange for the Razr Maxx HD even though I was three days past the 14 day return but I went inside and played with the Razr Maxx and just didn't like it nearly as much so I decided to try to live with the Bluetooth. Yesterday I was on a two hour road trip and had a couple of conference calls that were awful so now I may have to call that manager back and see if he will still let me exchange. :-( Other than the bluetooth (and sometimes speaker phone quality) I LOVE this phone as I have loved no other and I am really sad that I may have to be practical and exchange it as I really do use my bluetooth a lot. Thanks again for the feedback and the links!

re: Loving My DNA EXCEPT Bluetooth Call Quality

hope you don't have to leave the fold but if you're suffering with the Bluetooth and need it, sounds like you might have to switch devices. if you have issues with the camera on the maxx hd, try downloading camera360 on the market, a friend of mine has it and the stock app was pretty awful.

Quote Originally Posted by rhollinslewis2012 View Post
    Thanks for the response. I don't think it's the car as my Droid X works just fine and I took the DNA back to Verizon and had the manager connect the Razr Maxx to my car and it sounded much better and less garbled. The manager was willing to let me exchange for the Razr Maxx HD even though I was three days past the 14 day return but I went inside and played with the Razr Maxx and just didn't like it nearly as much so I decided to try to live with the Bluetooth. Yesterday I was on a two hour road trip and had a couple of conference calls that were awful so now I may have to call that manager back and see if he will still let me exchange. :-( Other than the bluetooth (and sometimes speaker phone quality) I LOVE this phone as I have loved no other and I am really sad that I may have to be practical and exchange it as I really do use my bluetooth a lot. Thanks again for the feedback and the links!
    I realize that this is an old post, but for what it's worth, I also had the Droid X, and I detect no difference in bluetooth quality between it and the Droid DNA, using my Plantronics 975 headset. Haven't tried it with a car. But I will say this, my original DNA had call quality issues in general, both while using the handset as well as bluetooth. Verizon replaced the phone and now all is well.

bluetooth sound awful

Just got HTC Droid DNA, upgrading from Motorola Droid X and there is DEFINITELY a degradation of sound quality with bluetooth earpiece. I am using Blue Ant. The sound is all blown out and overmodulated. Also having trouble making calls. Sometimes I call someone and get their voicemail after 2 rings. That person says the call never registered.

Welcome to the forum!
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

Bluetooth issue Droid DNA

I would have to agree the bluetooth on this phone is sub-par, I am unable to conduct business via bluetooth on this phone in my car.

My Motorola HK110 works just fine with my DNA. Call quality seems to be about even compared to my Droid X.

My car is not bluetooth connectable but can easily try in my parent's car.
    "Life is a succession of lessons which must be lived to be understood."
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Having the same quality issues with my DNA. Just got off the phone with HTC, and was told by Constance that a fix has been released as of 2/14/2013. Nothing has come through to my phone as of yet. Hopefully this will fix the problem.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Search tags for this page

droid dna bluetooth fix

droid dna bluetooth issues

droid dna bluetooth problems
droid dna sound problems
htc dna bluetooth call quality
htc dna bluetooth issues
htc dna bluetooth problem
htc dna bluetooth quality
Click on a term to search for related topics.