Droid DNA Exchange ActiveSync - Problems

This is a discussion on Droid DNA Exchange ActiveSync - Problems within the Droid DNA Help forums, part of the Droid DNA Support Forum category; Need help! Had Exchange ActiveSync working on HTC Thunderbolt prior to upgrading to HTC Droid DNA. Now using same Exchange ActiveSync parameters, upon setting up ...

Lightbulb Droid DNA Exchange ActiveSync - Problems

Need help! Had Exchange ActiveSync working on HTC Thunderbolt prior to upgrading to HTC Droid DNA.
    Now using same Exchange ActiveSync parameters, upon setting up an Exchange ActiveSync account, I am receiving constant Sync errors for Mail, Contacts, and Calendar.

I receive Sync error message at bottom of page stating something like "Sync is encountering problems at present. Be back in a while" or something to that effect.
    Have deleted and reloaded Exchange ActiveSync account multiple times with exact same results.
    The setup is reaching the Exchange Server, sending out security parameters, and completing set-up, but then will not complete a Synchronization.

Has anyone experienced this issue? And, is it possible that the HTC Thunderbolt supported an earlier Exchange 2003 / 2007 and now the Droid DNA requires 2010?
    Something has change or is not working on the Droid DNA!

Any feedback would be appreciated.

I am not an exchange active sync user myself so cannot offer any direct assistance, but found this thread about the topic over at android central. Hope it helps, though hope you stay here with us, too.

Issue with Microsoft exchange account on DNA? - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

Thanks for the research Tuxedo!

P.S. I brought a deck of cards.

Quote Originally Posted by UltraDroid View Post
    Thanks for the research Tuxedo!

P.S. I brought a deck of cards.
    Just trying to help out other DNA users any way I can, and learn some myself. But the deck of cards may have to broken open soon . . .

Tuxedo: Thanks for the response. Read the thread you provided, and unfortunately I am the one that started that thread. And, no remedy in the replies.

Guess I will have to keep changing parameters by trial and error to see if I can fix. Otherwise, on the interim, I loaded Touchdown using the same parameters and the Exchange with Corporate Mail, Calendar, and Tasks working just fine.
    It must be that Exchange ActiveSync through the DNA Android Jelly Bean OS tripping on some other needed parameter????

Quote Originally Posted by Grabe View Post
    Tuxedo: Thanks for the response. Read the thread you provided, and unfortunately I am the one that started that thread. And, no remedy in the replies.
    Well, I tried. Funny that you started that other thread. I actually looked at the names on that one. Sorry I could not be of more assistance. In my work, do not have to use exchange. Will keep my eyes open for you though.

I have a round about way to get the Calendar sync to work:

In the Playstore install the Jellybean Calendar.
    Open it.
    You should see all your Exchange calendar items.
    Close the calendar.
    Now open the HTC Calendar and you should see the calendar items.

What is looks like is there is some component missing on the HTC Calendar that is fixed when you install the Jellybean Calendar. This has fixed my issue and I am now a happy camper!!

Quote Originally Posted by abthomps View Post
    I have a round about way to get the Calendar sync to work:

In the Playstore install the Jellybean Calendar.
    Open it.
    You should see all your Exchange calendar items.
    Close the calendar.
    Now open the HTC Calendar and you should see the calendar items.

What is looks like is there is some component missing on the HTC Calendar that is fixed when you install the Jellybean Calendar. This has fixed my issue and I am now a happy camper!!
    Good to hear for those with exchange! Glad to have you on the forum abthomps!