DNA Not Charging

This is a discussion on DNA Not Charging within the Droid DNA Help forums, part of the Droid DNA Support Forum category; My DNA does nothing when connecting to the charger. It only show "connect to the charger that came with your phone", or something like that. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: DNA Not Charging

DNA Not Charging

My DNA does nothing when connecting to the charger. It only show "connect to the charger that came with your phone", or something like that. I am using the charger that came with the phone. I can successfully charge another DNA phone with my charger, so I would assume it's not a charger or a cord issue. I turned the phone off and back on, but that didn't help. Any ideas? Thanks.

Sounds like the connection via usb port may not be good. Can you connect phone to a computer okay? I know you said the charger worked on another DNA, but you still might try a second oem charger with this DNA to see if it makes a difference. Otherwise you might talk to verizon about getting a replacement. I have heard of a couple other people with similar issue and believe they all got replacements.

Welcome to the forum!

Quote Originally Posted by tuxedo View Post
    Sounds like the connection via usb port may not be good. Can you connect phone to a computer okay? I know you said the charger worked on another DNA, but you still might try a second oem charger with this DNA to see if it makes a difference. Otherwise you might talk to verizon about getting a replacement. I have heard of a couple other people with similar issue and believe they all got replacements.

Welcome to the forum!
    Thanks, but I have tried another oem charger and it did the same thing. I tried to charge via a computer usb connection also with no luck. I will take it to Verizon in the morning. I will post the outcome of this as it may be of help to others.
    Last edited by Bullibe; 05-20-2013 at 01:53 AM.

Please do keep us updated!

Quote Originally Posted by tuxedo View Post
    Please do keep us updated!
    Talked to Verizon Technician today. He had me start it in safe mode and then try to charge. It still wouldn't charge, so he said there is some problem with my phone (who would of guessed that ! lol ) They are sending me another one tomorrow and I have to send this one back. He said they have not had any reports of this before. Thanks for your help.

Glad they are sending you a replacement. Be sure to wipe this one before sending it back. I have only heard of 3 people having this issue as bad as your phone in the various forums I follow. But my 1st DNA lost wireless charge capability after about 3 weeks and had to be replaced also. My 2nd one has been great for 5 months now. Hope your replacement is equally as good . . .

Same issue here

DNA stopped taking a charge. Using correct charger. Plugging into the PC with any usb cable does not work.

Im having the same issue.. the phone starts to charge then stops then starts. I often wake up in the middle of the night and and see my screen litup like it stoped charging.. I have tried other chargers and still have the issue.. if I have insurance on the phone will I have to pay for a new phone? This issue just started recently.. :-(

Quote Originally Posted by cardinal_nation View Post
    Im having the same issue.. the phone starts to charge then stops then starts. I often wake up in the middle of the night and and see my screen litup like it stoped charging.. I have tried other chargers and still have the issue.. if I have insurance on the phone will I have to pay for a new phone? This issue just started recently.. :-(
    Cannot remember when you got your phone, but it may be considered a hardware defect where you do not have to pay anything for replacement. Is it the wireless charging that stops or wired or both? Have you cleaned out the usb port area with some compressed air? I would call and discuss with verizon. I paid nothing for my replacement when wireless charging stopped.

Quote Originally Posted by jmk031 View Post
    DNA stopped taking a charge. Using correct charger. Plugging into the PC with any usb cable does not work.
    Have you tried cleaning out the usb port? Have you verified that the chargers/cables you are using work with another phone? I would talk with verizon and see what they say about a replacement.

Concerning that this is happening to more and more people . . . .

My DNA was nearly half charged last night before falling asleep. It turned off on its own and now I cannot turn it on. I know it was on for a while because I heard some Words with Friends alerts going as my wife and I were falling asleep. Any suggestions other than going to the verizon store?

thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast